In recent years, TikTok has become a popular social media and content creation platform, attracting not only young audiences but also businesses to market themselves. Many companies have conducted influencer marketing campaigns on TikTok, because of its large user base and popularity. In this article, let’s learn about exploiting TikTok Influencer Marketing.
What is TikTok influencer marketing?
TikTok Influencer Marketing is a type of social media marketing that focuses on promoting products or services through popular content creators on the platform. There are dance, makeup, and hashtag challenges. Through establishing influencer partnerships, brands can drive more attention to their products or services to generate leads and sales. How do brands create their TikTok accounts, post branded content, or pay for advertising? It can be a good practice, but this type of content tends to generate less engagement than influencer-generated content.
What campaigns can TikTok Influencer Marketing offer?
Often at the heart of successful TikTok campaigns, the hashtags urge TikTokers to create their videos to take on the challenge. TikTok influencers started this campaign by posing a challenge to their followers. It can be dancing, makeup, or a review.
Review products and services
These include TikTok campaigns. While much more common for campaigns featuring makeup brands, a wide selection of products has also been promoted through these campaigns. Influencers recommend products, try them out, share their insights and feelings about the product, and ask the audience to comment or follow for a chance to win similar products. Affiliate links that can offer discounts to people who want to make purchases are often located in the bio of TikTok Influencer.
Sponsored content as product features focused on influencer creativity. A lot of influencers promote sponsored products on their TikTok videos, be it through a skit, a compelling story, or a video of their product.
How to Start TikTok Influencer Marketing?
Finding and contacting a TikTok influencer to help you promote your brand is a great way to increase brand awareness and recognition. But how do you find the right influencer for your brand? Since authenticity is important to TikTok, finding the right influencer for your brand is crucial. The first thing is to find the people you want to work with on TikTok to get your brand out there. That way, you can start building a loyal and engaged following.
Understand your audience
Before you can start marketing on TikTok, you need to have a deep understanding of who your target audience is. Who are you trying to demonstrate your brand presence in front of? Who is most likely to like your content and engage with your brand? Who will convert into the end customer? Building a buyer persona for your brand can be helpful.
Make sure you know:
- Brands they participate in (both competitors and non-competitors)
- What types of influencers did they follow?
- Basic Demographics
- Common characteristics, goals, challenges
- How you can help solve a specific problem they have
Have clear goals
Why do you want social media marketing? Do you want to focus on building brand awareness? Do you want to test a new product or service? Do you hope to convert and increase sales and ROI? Your top goals will influence your TikTok Influencer Marketing strategies.
Understand the brand’s sales channel
Understanding your sales funnel is another fundamental step in building a TikTok outreach strategy and a TikTok influencer marketing campaign.
- Awareness: To engage your target audience and showcase your brand, you should try to work with more prominent influencers.
- Consideration: Once you’ve attracted people to your business, you need to attract them through medium influencers. During this phase, you want to narrow your audience down to a group of people who are genuinely interested in looking at what you have to offer.
- Action/Decision: In the third stage, you are looking for consumers who have gone through the previous two stages. They know who you are and have reviewed your product or service. It is time to convince them to convert or take a specific action. Finding smaller influencers with clients would be a great fit for these decision-stage campaigns.
Consider your budget
Of course, your budget will play a huge role in which influencers you work with and what types of campaigns you run.
Factors that affect the price of influencer marketing on TikTok will include:
- Their influence
- Their engagement rate
- Your goals and expectations
- Ad placement
- The number and type of posts, etc.
Choose TikTok influencers carefully
Here are some tips to keep in mind when choosing the right influencers for your business.
- The influencer’s audience and content should align with your brand and values.
- Your target audience should already interact with and trust the influencer.
- Their content must receive consistently high engagement.
- Their content should correlate directly or indirectly with your business or niche.
- The influencer should be a thought leader in your industry (or in a closely related industry).
- Activity on platforms outside of TikTok can be a good sign.
Without a doubt, TikTok is the king of social networking right now. It may not have the same number of daily users as Facebook or Instagram, but engagement and brand loyalty are very good. Brands shouldn’t be afraid to experiment with TikTok. It’s a great opportunity to reach new audiences and work with talented creators. For brands whose target audience is Gen Z or Millennials, TikTok is an essential marketing tool.